Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Twin


So. Wow.  This week I discovered a blog called 'Love, Teach'.  I'm inspired.  There is someone out there who is creepy similar to me in all things teacher. 

Reasons why....



There is just enough racing through her head to feel mildly insane inside while on the outside keeping things together for this, that, and the other thing. 

She knows teaching is noble, but not really, but then it is again.  This is a very real thing.  

There are stories galore here that have happened to me too, or at least in some alternate form.  (Read: a story about barf and 8th graders and making do with what you have just....well....it was so gratifying to read about it.) 

The litany ALONE of what she wrote about returning to school for in-service days at the beginning of the school year?  Gold.  I have been there.  I have thought those thoughts. 

I wish I could teach with this person. 
Despite the fact that this is not really possible, I'm still inspired. 
Read her work!  Teacher or otherwise, you will not be disappointed. 
Here are a few things that stood out most and made me say, 'Hey, for real, me too.'


Dream Journal (....so many vivid dreams this time of year!  I resonate.)

One Of My Students Cried, And I Wrote Him A Letter (literally, I have done this before)

Whisper Turtleneck

12 Times It's Been Worse

59 Real Life Thoughts During In-Service (for real, me too)

A Letter to Myself On The First Day of Teaching (again, I have done this)


2 comments:

  1. I love this blog! One of my favorites!

    Miss teaching with you and just want you to know I still read your blog all the time :) Hope all is well...it seems to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still read YOUR blog too!! Great to hear from you, Ms. B. :)

    ReplyDelete