Saturday, March 24, 2012

Right Now

Though it did not feel very glamorous, I did a very good thing for myself by going to bed last night at 9:30.  I hadn't done this for weeks, and I woke up this morning feeling completely refreshed.  I love morning best.  Every spring, when the weather is suddenly perfect again, the first thing I do is pull back the blinds and open all of the windows.  It makes everything feel spacious and open, even though technically the change was very small.  Sometimes I crawl back into bed and listen to the birds and the silence that accompanies them.  It's just the birds that sing at first.  The rest of the day wakes up after them.

In the early morning in town, only a few people are awake.  This morning when I went to the window I saw a bunch of middle aged men run by with flashing lights on their heads for safety.  It made me really happy to see them out for a jog with headlamps.

1 comment: