Wednesday, August 10, 2011

An Anne Day


"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."   

— Lucy Maud Montgomery


Things I Did Today....

Bought a pencil sharpener for 20 cents, some classy looking pens, and a book cover (which is a good start to the year for many reasons)

Saw a parent at Office Max buying school supplies and heard about the life and times of the 13 year olds I knew (I have had a hiatus from this)

Saw more parents in the school supply area at Target (more conversation ensued)




Discussed Classical education/worked on planning/talked shop with Leigh  

Ate a scone and drank coffee at Caribou with Emily from school

Was questioned at Caribou about the fact that I have a gift card to both Caribou and Starbucks (and for once I had a witty reply when I actually needed one - this made me feel unlike Kathleen Kelly from 'You've Got Mail' for once in my life...she laments not having zingers in her back pocket too)


Perused Awkward Family Photos and found a gem of a picture that directly correlates to Jamie Koch's history of hating the clarinet but being required to play it anyway.  Jamie is so funny.  So is that picture.

Talked about my health insurance plan

Read a book

Took a picture of a friend with her favorite She page

Missed some friends and thought about how they were doing

Drank pink lemonade

Discussed love while at Culver's with Leigh

Listened to "Beautiful Scandalous Night"

E-mailed friends

Did laundry

Enjoyed the clouds and the breeze

Played the Blue Danube Waltz, Fur Elise, and Nocturne in E Flat

Talked about the Meyers-Briggs test and studied it again

Listened to Molly tell funny stories on the phone



There was of course more but these were the things that I remember outright.   All in all, it was a very nice day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment