Thursday, August 18, 2011

Motto for Change


 This is my motto for the new school year.  It's from 1939, when the British government issued these posters to be made to raise morale concerning the war. I'm putting it on my desk.  And I'm framing it.  Not because everything is so entirely dramatic in my life like war, but because somehow, when I look at it lately it reminds me to be myself and have a sense of humor nearby. 

It must be a wistful week in general.  I woke up this morning, early, early, and when I opened the door to my porch, a goose was flying overhead, making me think the things of fall, and the air was crisp and cool instead.  I looked at the sky, and things shifted around in my soul, preparing me for what comes with that weather.  Change!  Good, bad, and in between, we always feel it, and it is heavy and obvious around me this week. 

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this poster around but had no idea of its origin. Cool! Also, I hope you have a great start to this next school year.

    ReplyDelete