Thursday, September 6, 2012

Anchor

I woke up before my alarm clock rang this morning, and the moon was beautiful at such an early hour.  It was in this moment that everything felt like fall.  Not because it's suddenly cold, but because school is here, and 'Miss Christians planning lessons' is (sort of) happening again.  And because the seasons turn 'like that' for me.  

As I was looking at the moon, I heard lyrics on the radio that talked about the creativity of God when He designed the moon and tides to work together.  It is creative.  Who else would think of that?  

Recently I reread part of a book I read in college.  I gave it to Jenna a while ago, and she is reading it now.  So I paged through it on Labor Day when we were together.  It is always interesting to revisit the things you underlined in earlier seasons in life.  I find that they are usually cyclical and hold as much power (or more) to astonish me when I see them again later. 




'We drop anchor in the goodness of God.' 

It's pretty simple.  I loved it then, I love it now.  Probably because I have this affinity for boat talk and the sea, and the connection to such stability in such goodness made sense to me.  And woke me up.  And steadied me like anchors steady boats. 

This week, this is the statement that is lulling me through each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment