Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Lit With Hope

It's simple today.

In a big, gigantic hurting world like this one, there is sometimes nothing more comforting than coming home to your very own place.  I walked out of my school tonight with a pile of papers, through the flurries, through the traffic, and straight home to peace.  Pajamas, a candle, my fireplace, the tree.  I am delighting in Advent at home.

I have a lot of papers to grade tonight, but I took a minute to just enjoy that I am safe and warm and that even when I have that one last push of work, that one last stack of papers to grade, I can still settle in to the mystery that is Christ.  Emmanuel, God with us.  He even sits with me while I grade.  

We need Him so deeply, and today I feel it.  Distinctly, a heart ache and a hope, and a light in the darkness.

A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment