Monday, December 1, 2014

Mercy Love of Old

It's hard for me to write to anything lately, at least anything meaningful.  I am full to the brim with unpolished thoughts.  Today I'd just like to share this song, and it's a good one.  And lyrics are poetry and music, and that really helps.  Ellie Holcomb's 'Place My Hope' is beautiful and comforting and some of the realest stuff of my life.  Enjoy.





The troubles of my heart
They're tearing me apart
How I need Your saving hand
To grant me a new start
Lonely and afraid
I call upon Your name
Save me from my enemies
And cover all my shame

I will lift my eyes
From this fragile life
For You will rescue me
You are my Prince of Peace
And I lift up my soul
To You who makes things whole
Oh, mercy love of old
In You I place my hope
I place my hope

So guide me in Your truth
Be my strong refuge
Oh, forgive my doubting heart
And lead me back to You
Help me to believe
Your love is all I need
Even when the storm is strong
You will provide for me

Even in my darkest place
There's a promise I will claim
Those whose hope is in Your grace
They will never be ashamed


No comments:

Post a Comment