Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Whole of It


And then sometimes it's really simple, and you fore go the details and say it plain, plain, plain.  

A lot of things have happened. Good.  Awful.  Bitterly beautiful.  Confusingly tied up in one season of life.  I feel cared for by God.  I also feel foggy and uncertain sometimes.   I feel my humanity every day in its raw beautiful form.  (Humbling, this vulnerability.)  




And there is this thing called 'forging on' and in the midst of it all, another time to stop and breathe and face life squarely.  Good, awful, all of it. 

I'm in a really thrilling spot in life.  I'm also in deep need of rest and safe harbors in the face of overwhelming circumstance.  People I love are in those places too, and I am feeling this keenly. 

And when it's all raw and bitter, just as significantly as when the world is safe and brilliantly shiny, Jesus is the anchor, hope, and mainstay of this redemptive story I am living with  Jesus, my Savior and my Friend.   

 It's making me think of this quote, in the way that magic is possibility, and there is hope. 


“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” ― Roald Dahl


There is a story before us, refining and shaking up and also smoothing an soothing us into the next step.  And the next.  And the next.  

And I will be there, showing up for that story, and embracing the whole of it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment