Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Molasses

Finally. 

I am done with Quarter 1 grades.  They always take FOR - EH - VER

Say that like they do in 'The Sandlot' and you've got my feelings about technical grading and data entry.  Each quarter I find that I am hoping to glean some better understanding of self and grade book but I never love it.  I always push 'submit' feeling like I had to drag myself through molasses...technical details are just NOT my favorite thing.  However, this is a huge part of my job, and these are peoples' GRADES and their LIVES I'm dealing with.  So I go through it all very carefully.



Complaints aside, I'm just glad I know how to do this now.  There were earlier times in life when I had to go ask a whole bunch of people what to do next, and it was technical monotony on many more levels. 

I dove into Pinterest every once in a while for a creative break tonight.  And I saw again that I much prefer art and words, people and abstract possibilities to the world of numbers and data any day.   Tonight these Pinterest pictures revived me. 






























































































   

No comments:

Post a Comment