Saturday, February 23, 2013

Jams

It’s the time in winter when I’ve resorted to playing ‘Survivor’by Destiny’s Child, just to be old-school inspired. Every year, without fail. I always forget I do this until it's here. I know it’s about a break up, but it can be about the rest of life too. Obviously. (No current break up to speak of. Thankfully.)

The only embarrassing part was that nearby students could hear the music through my headphones when I really cranked it. Sorry, friend-who-is-teaching-in-my-classroom-but-loves-that-song-too. (She understood. They clearly didn’t. They stared at me like they had never seen me before. Paradox of perception, I am sure. Whatever, kids.) But there are worse things to be inspired by besides ‘Cuz my momma taught me better than that’.

Responding to loads of technical e-mails? Defiant teenagers angsty about winter weather around every corner? Surprise mid-week car repairs? Destiny’s Child. Works every time

No comments:

Post a Comment