Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Write to Write

Sometimes, I am learning, you write to write.  That's it.  Because that's all of what you can do.  My life today is not so glamorous.  In fact, I'm kind of broken.  When you feel broken, what do you say?  What do you do?  Sometimes you just breathe and blink and forge on.  People like me think about Psalms and humanity and God who is good throughout all the ages.  But later, when everything isn't public, pen and paper draw me back to another self.  I write sometimes because it's like the heartbeat I have, and because it's the thing that makes the most sense, and because it reminds me of God looking over my shoulder, which is comforting. 

Today God IS looking over my shoulder, whispering things into my ear that are falling onto pages that are in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment