Thursday, March 13, 2014

Counting Down

The story of today is that everyone I teach is taking a test.  Or a quiz.  Some are nervous, others going with the flow, hoping down the hours to Spring Break, which starts at the end of tomorrow.  In between us are the bells and the busses and the locker clean out (someone spilled juice, and the hall has begun to smell), and finishing those last tests and doing those concerts and then....a break.  We are all ready. 


Yesterday I went to a restaurant and everything I ordered was out of order.  I didn't even notice, but everyone else at the table did.  Basic conversation was difficult?  Yes.  My mind is slipshod, scattered, all over.  That's because all of the week before a test is review review review, and who is prompting them with a thousand questions?  Me.  Every hour, so many people, so much history.  So many thousands of conversations about history.  


This week though, in between all of that review, I noticed more of the world of blogging.   Instead of the DIY posts, which have to me always been suffocatingly hard for me to understand (I'm not so awesome with all things spatial - try giving me directions to anywhere), let alone try (I've been there, and I don't linger long), there are these women who think like I do, grapple with the head and the heart like I do.  And you know, live out stories they've been given.  There are women out there who blog, not just simple things like I do here, not caring overly much about extra fancy, and they are doing it artfully and simply.  These are the things I love.

Soon comes the time of revival and renewal and refreshment and rejuvenation.   All of those starting with re-.  In short, a breath.  A real one that I don't have to make myself practice.  But for the meantime, let me show you what someone wrote about Sevens who blog.  It's a look into my very soul.  Who knew?  Well, Enneagram people.  And a person named Leigh.  

In a time of feeling so not articulate, this really helped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment