Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yikes! (Bikes!)...I Just Cut My Hair

Yes, this is true.   As I was doing this, I was thinking to myself, "What are you doing?"  But at the same time, I was thinking, "You're still like this, I see."  Regular old scissors, and this was just an urge I had when I should have just chosen to brush my teeth.  It is half chopped, and half done well.  I think I tried to give myself some layers.  I think I took off an inch.



I also think I do this in the spring.  I did this once during finals sophomore year in college.  Spring stress finds its way to my kitchen scissors and my unsuspecting hair.  Unlike the average person who is probably more prone to anxiety about the right cut, I'm not feeling devastated about this.  I had no real reason for doing this tonight.  So I'm more thinking about subliminal messages in my last post about flappers with short hair and Rapunzel's relationship with her own hair instead.  And spoiler alert...at the end of the movie, a rather distinct trim is in order for Rapunzel's hair too.  Is this a little dramatic?  Probably so.  And this hype about connection to just about everything in the world is nothing short of a normal Jessica sentiment.  But it wasn't until I got done cutting my own hair that I made these connections.  

If you are reading this and you work me with me at school, it would be great if you could let me know if I do or do not have truly terrible hair when we're hanging out at the copier.   Thank you very much.  And good night.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like this happens in the spring. We want change. Changing our hair gives us some control over this change. It's nice to be able to change something so instantly too, isn't it? It's gratifying. Can't wait to see the new 'do!

    ReplyDelete