Friday, September 23, 2011

Pete and Repeat Got Into a Boat....

About once a week, a song comes into my mind and won't leave.  I hear it when I'm drying my hair, when I'm driving, when I'm teaching, while grading, and in any conversation in the day. 

Lots of people have songs stuck in their heads.  Sometimes I'll just stop class and hear about other songs trailing around in the room.  It's usually a good mix.  The weirdest week was when it was 'Like a G6' by Far East Movement.  Over and over again.  It was really disconnected to hear the word 'slizzard' in my mind while answering an 8th grader's question about Manifest Destiny.  But it wouldn't leave.  

Last week I was endlessly hearing 'Every Teardrop is a Waterfall' by Coldplay. 
THIS week, it is always, always this....


No comments:

Post a Comment